Saturday, March 3, 2007

Conversations with Millie

Title: Conversations with Millie
Size: 22” X 36” X 8”
Date: 4-2001
Media: Assemblage
Materials: Wood, canvas, plaster, acrylic, skull, Beth’s teeth.
Price: $1,200.00

Description:
While working at an animal sanctuary, I made friends with an amazing Great Pyrenees dog named Millie. While roaming the grounds one day searching for some inspiration to release me from a touch of artist’s block, Millie pranced up to me and laid this sparkling white skull at my feet. She then sat there and looked at me like she was saying, “Here’s what you’re looking for, get to it.” It took less than an hour when I got home to finish this piece. Everything just seemed to fall into place.

2 comments:

The Reillys said...

Hey. I just stumbled onto your blog. I saw this one while we helped move. I like the "Beth's Teeth" listing on the supplies. Made me laugh.

~ John

Hollingshead said...

I'm glad you found me here. Look for more as I get back to school.